Chinese Chives Square Cake
Easy and yummy appertizer that made from Chinese chives
Last Modified On: Friday, 10/February/2012 19:25:10pm
Back to Appetizers
500 g. Chinese chives
1 cup rice flour
¼ cup tapioca flour
1 cup water
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
1 tsp vegetable for stir fry
¼ cup vegetable for fry
Dipping Sauce Ingredients
1 Tbsp black vinegar
2 Tbsp black soy sauce
1 Tbsp thin soy sauce
3 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp vinegar
2 fresh chilies (pounded)
1. Wash Chinese chives, cut into small pieces and let it dry, then boil water in a streamer.
2. Heat oil in a wok on medium heat. When oil is hot, add cut chives and baking soda, then stir fry until the chives are cooked. Remove from heat and let it cool.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix flours, salt and water, stir well until all ingredients dissolve.
4. Add cooked chives in the mixing bowl, stir thoroughly, then pour the mixture in a tray and cover with plastic wrap.
5. Stream the tray in the streamer for 20 minutes until the mixture is cooked, remove from heat and let it cool.
6. Remove chives square cake from the tray, cut into pieces, and fry in a fry pan.
7. Fry until both sides are golden brown, and then drain on paper towel.
8. Place fried chives cake on a plate and serve with dipping sauce.
Preparation for Dipping Sauce
1. Add sugar and water in a small pot, bring to boil on medium heat, stir until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Add the remaining ingredients in the pot, stir thoroughly and taste for your own flavor.