Pork and Prawn in Coconut Sauce for Crispy Rice
Easy pork and prawn in coconut sauce for crispy rice
Last Modified On: Thursday, 24/November/2011 20:52:29pm
Back to Appetizers
300 g. ground pork
100 g. prawn
1 can coconut milk
½ cup roasted peanut
4 cloves garlic
10 dried chilies
½ tsp whole peppercorn
1 sprig cilantro
1 fresh chili
½ tsp salt
2 Tbsp fish sauce
4 Tbsp palm sugar
¼ cup chili oil
1 pack rice crispy
1. Coarsely pound roasted peanut.
2. Peel garlic, wash and cut into small pieces, then put in a mortar with washed dried chilies and whole peppercorn.
3. Well pound and set aside.
4. Peel shallot, remove chili stem, pick only cilantro leaves, wash, pat dry, then finely slice shallot and slice fresh chili.
5. Clean prawns, peel shell, devein and finely chop.
6. Pour about ½ cup coconut cream (top portion of a can) in a pot, bring to boil on medium heat, then add pounded paste, stir until thoroughly mixed.
7. Add ground pork, stir well until the pork is getting cook. Meanwhile add coconut milk about ¼ cup and stir regularly.
8. When the pork is cooked, add ground prawn and the remaining coconut milk, stir regularly until the pork and prawn are cooked.
9. Season with salt, fish sauce and palm sugar, stir well and taste as your own flavor.
10. Add pounded peanut, sliced shallot, and chilies, stir thoroughly.
11. When boiled again, add chili oil, stir well, and then remove from heat.
12. Spoon the sauce in a bowl, garnish with cilantro leaves and sliced chilies, then serve with crispy rice.
Note: This is crispy rice that I used.