Thai Style Sausage or Isan Sausage
Popular Thai style sausage called "Sai Krok Isan" in Thai
Last Modified On: Thursday, 24/November/2011 20:50:17pm
Back to Appetizers
800 g. ground pork
1 head of large garlic or ½ cup minced garlic
1 cup cooked rice
1 Tbsp salt
1½ Tbsp ground pepper
hog casing for stuffing
yarn for tie
1. Peel garlic, wash dirt, pat dry and mince.
2. Add all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3. Mix all ingredients together until well blend and set aside.
4. Clean hog casings inside and outside.
5. Stuff the mixture into hog casing.
6. Tie yarn as desired size.
7. Keep all Thai style sausages in a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and fermented at room temperater for 2-3 days.
8. After fermented time, steam sausages until almost cook, cut yarn, place each sausage on grill rack, and bake at 350 F.
9. Bake for 10 minutes, turn each sausage over and continue bake about 5 minutes or until the sausages are browned on all sides, remove from oven.
10. Put Thai style sausages on a plate, serve with lettuce leaves, sliced ginger and fresh chilies.