Thai Chicken Green Curry
Popular and easy to cook curry recipe called "Kheng Khiao Wan Kai"
Last Modified On: Wednesday, 21/December/2011 10:39:12am
Back to Curries and Soups
300 g. chicken breast
1 can shredded bamboo shoots
1 can coconut milk
2 Tbsp green curry paste
1 1/2 Tbsp thin soy sauce (or fish sauce)
1 Tbsp sugar
1/4 cup sweet basil leaves
2 fresh chillies
1. Wash chicken breast, pat dry, and cut into small slices.
2. Pour 3 cups water in a pot, bring to boil on medium high heat, add shredded bamboo shoots, and let it boil for 10 minutes.
3. Drain, rinse in cold water, and set aside. Then, wash sweet basil and chillies, pat dry, pick only sweet basil leaves from stem, and slice chillies.
4. Pour about 1/2 cup coconut cream (top portion of a can) in a pot, bring to boil on medium heat, then add green curry paste. Stir until thoroughly mixed and let it boil until some oil appear on surface, stir constantly.
5. When coconut cream has an oily sheen, add cut chicken, stir well until chicken is getting cook. Meanwhile, add coconut milk about 2 Tbsp each time (add about 3 times) and stir regularly.
6. Add shredded bamboo shoots, stir thoroughly and add the remaining coconut milk. Season with thin soy sauce (or fish sauce) and sugar, bring to boil, add sweet basil leaves and sliced chillies, stir quickly, and remove from heat.
7. Spoon the curry in a bowl and serve immediately.
Tip: This recipe can substitute chicken for pork or beef.