Hot and Sour Curry with Water Spinach & Prawns
Another style of Thai curry that hot and sour called "Kaeng Som Phak Bung Kung Sod"
Last Modified On: Wednesday, 14/December/2011 16:21:57pm
Back to Curries and Soups
250 g. water spinach (Phak Bung)
2 Tbsp hot and sour curry paste
1 can (170 g.) flaked light tuna in water
2 tsp tamarind paste
½ tsp sugar
1 Tbsp fish sauce
2 ½ cup water
1. Clean prawns, peel shell and vein the prawns. Cut water spinach into short pieces, wash, and then pat dry.
2. Drain water from tuna can and pound tuna with hot and sour curry paste until well blend.
3. Put paste into a pot, add water, stir well and bring to boil on medium-high heat.
4. When boil, season with fish sauce, tamarind paste, and sugar, stir well, then add water spinach.
5. When water spinach is getting cook, add prawns, wait until the prawns are cooked, stir thoroughly, and then remove from heat.
6. Put in a bowl and serve immediately.
Note: Water spinach can be subsituted with Chinese cabbage, long bean, or green papaya.