Lettuce Stewed with Shitakae Mushroom Soup
Yummy clear soup for warming your meal called " Phakkat Kaew Tun Hed Hom"
Last Modified On: Wednesday, 14/December/2011 16:17:25pm
Back to Curries and Soups
1 head lettuce
7 dried shitakae mushrooms
3 Tbsp thin soy sauce
5 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
6 cups water
1. Soak dried shitakae mushrooms in 2 cup water for 30 minutes or until soft. When mushrooms are soft, press out all water and cut stems. Pour mushroom water in a pot.
2. Wash head lettuce and cut in quarter. Heat oil about 1 Tbsp in a wok on medium-high heat, when oil is hot, add cut head lettuce, and allow each side to cook.
3. When done, add cooked head lettuce in the pot, and set aside. Then reduce the heat to medium, heat oil about 1 Tbsp in the same wok, when oil is hot, add shitakae mushrooms. Season with 2 Tbsp oyster sauce, 1 Tbsp thin soy sauce, 1 Tbsp seasoning soy sauce, and 1/2 Tbsp sugar.
4. Stir-fry shitakae mushrooms with all ingredients until mix thoroughly, add 2 cups water, bring to boil, then pour the shitakae mushrooms and all sauce into the pot.
5. Put the pot on low heat, add 3 more cups water into it, and season with 1 Tbsp oyster sauce, 2 Tbsp thin soy sauce, 2 Tbsp seasoning sauce, 1/2 Tbsp sugar, and 1/4 tsp salt, stir well, and simmer for 2-3 hours. Do not cover the pot.
6. When done, put the soup in a bowl, sprinkle with ground pepper, and serve immediately.
Tip: This recipe will be more delicious if the simmer time is longer.