Lobok Soup with pork rib
Easy and yummy soup that made from lobok and pork rib called "Kheng Jeut Hua Chai Tao" in Thai
Last Modified On: Friday, 07/February/2014 20:35:38pm
Back to Curries and Soups
1 medium lobok (Daikon)
5 shitakae mushrooms (soaked until soften)
300 g. pork rib
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp whole peppercorn
1 tsp vegetable oil
2 Tbsp dried shrimp
1 tsp thin soy sauce
1 tsp seasoning soy sauce
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
5 cups water
Finely sliced cilantro & green onion for sprinkle
1. Pound whole peppercorn in a mortar.
2. Peel garlic, wash dirt, pat dry and cut into small pieces and put in the mortar.
3. Pound peppercorn and garlic until mix together.
4. Cut shitakae mushroom into quarters.
5. Peel lobok, wash dirt, pat dry, and slice into pieces.
6. Peel carrot, wash dirt, pat dry, and slice into pieces.
7. Heat oil in a pot on medium heat. When oil is hot add pounded peppercorn and garlic, stir fry until fragrant, then add pork ribs.
8. Stir-fry until pork ribs are getting cooked, then add water.
9. When the soup is boiling, spoon the bubble out regularly in order to have clear soup.
10. Add salt, stir well, spoon the bubble out until the soup is clear, add sliced lobok.
11. Add cut shitakae mushrooms, stir well, cover the pot, then reduce to low heat and simmer for 35 minutes. Meanwhile spoon the bubble out regularly.
12. Add sliced carrot and dried shrimps, then season with sugar, thin soy sauce and seasoning soy sauce.
13. Stir well, cover the pot and simmer for 15 minutes more, then taste as your own flavor and remove from heat.
14. Put the soup in a bowl, sprinkle with sliced cilantro and green onion, then serve immediately.