Mixed Vegetable Soup
Easy and healthy mixed vegetable soup called "Tom Jap Chai" in Thai
Last Modified On: Wednesday, 14/December/2011 16:30:33pm
Back to Curries and Soups
300 g. chicken drummette
4 dried shitakae mushrooms
1 lobok (Daikon)
5 sprigs Chinese broccolis (Gai Lan)
3 heads baby cabbage
½ head savoy cabbage
6 sprigs Shanghai bok choy
2 cloves garlic
3 Tbsp oyster sauce
3 Tbsp thin soy sauce
2 Tbsp seasoning soy sauce
2 Tbsp dark soy sauce
1 Tbsp palm sugar
3 Tbsp sugar
¼ cube chicken broth
2 cup water
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1. Soak dried shitakae mushrooms in water for 30 minutes or until soft. When mushrooms are soft, press out all water (keep mushroom water for making soup), cut stems, and slice into 1" length.
2. Cut baby cabbages and Shanghai bok choy into 1” length, wash, pat dry and set aside.
3. Cut savoy cabbage, soak in water for 15 minutes, pat dry and set aside.
4. Wash celery and Chinese broccolis, pat dry and cut into pieces.
5. Peel lokbok and carrot skin, wash and slice into pieces.
6. Pour mushroom water in a pot, bring to boil on medium heat, add chicken broth cube. When the soup is boiling, then add cleaned chicken drummette and sliced lokbok. Reduce heat to medium-low cover with lid and simmer for a while.
7. Mince garlic, then heat oil in a wok on medium heat again. When oil is hot, add minced garlic and fry until fragrant, then add sliced shitakae mushroom.
8. Stir-fry until fragrant, add cut celery and sliced carrot, stir-fry until the vegetables are getting cook.
9. Add sliced savoy cabbage and Chinese broccoli, season with oyster sauce, then stir-fry until all vegetables are getting cook.
10. Transfer stir-fried vegetable into the pot, stir well, wait until the soup is getting boil, add cut babby cabbage and Shanghai bok choy.
11. Stir thoroughly, season with the remaining ingredients and mix well.
12. Cover the pot and simmer for 2-3 hours or until the vegetables are soft and tendered, stir regularly and taste for your own favor.
13. Put mixed vegetable soup in a serving bowl and serve immediately.
Tip: Don’t add to much soup at the beginning because the soup will come out from vegetable too.
Note: This mixed vegetable soup will have better taste when leave it overnight because the vegetable will absorb all ingredients.