Thai Omelette Soup
Thai style soup that made from omelette and easy to find vegetables
Last Modified On: Wednesday, 09/May/2012 19:29:45pm
Back to Curries and Soups
1 + ½ tsp thin soy sauce
1 Tbsp seasoning soy sauce
½ Tbsp sugar
¼ cube chicken broth
4 cups water
¼ head onion
3 stalks celery
½ tsp vegetable oil
a dash of ground pepper
1. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with ½ tsp thin soy sauce until fluffy.
2. Heat oil in a wok on medium-high heat. When oil is hot, pour the mixture into the wok and let it cook. Once the omelette is getting cook, fold in half.
3. Turn it over and cook on the other side until done. Remove from heat and put on paper towel. When the omelette is cool, cut into pieces about 1.5 inches.
4. Peel onion, wash, and pat dry, then coarsely slice about ½ cm. width. Wash tomato and cut into pieces.
5. Cut celery’s roots, wash dirt, and pat dry. Remove celery’s skin and cut into pieces.
6. Pour water in a pot bring to boil on medium heat, add chicken broth cube. When the soup is boiling, add sliced onion and cut celery.
7. Wait until the soup boils again, add cut tomato and omelette.
8. Season with seasoning soy sauce, thin soy sauce and sugar, stir thoroughly and taste as your own flavor.
9. When the soup is boiling again, add celery leaves, stir well and remove from heat.
10. Spoon Thai omelette soup in a bowl, sprinkle with ground pepper and serve immediately.