Sour & Spicy Prawn Soup: Tom Yam Kung
Very popular sour & spicy soup called "Tom Yam Kung"
Last Modified On: Tuesday, 03/January/2012 19:01:23pm
Back to Curries and Soups
350 g. mushroom
1 lemongrass stem
7-8 kaffir lime leaves
2 sprigs cilantro
5 fresh chillies
3 Tbsp thin soy sauce (or fish sauce)
2 Tbsp roasted chillie paste
4 Tbsp lime juice
5 cups chicken broth
1. Clean prawns and mushroom, peel shell and devein the prawns, then cut mushroom in quarter.
2. Wash lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, fresh chillies, and cilantro, then pat dry. Slice lemongrass stem, tear kaffir lime leaves in halves (remove central stems), pound chillies and slice in healves, and coarsely chop cilantro.
3. Pour chicken broth in a pot, bring to boil on medium-high heat, add sliced lemongrass and torn kaffir lime leaves, let them boil about 5 minutes.
4. Add prawns and mushroom, bring to boil until 2-3 minutes, turn off the heat.
5. Season with thin soy sauce (or fish sauce), lime juice, roasted chillie paste, and pounded chillies, then taste as you like. Add chopped cilantro and stir thoroughly.
6. Put "Tom Yam Kung" in a bowl and serve immediately.