Thai Yellow sour curry
Southern style of hot and sour Thai curry called "Kaeng Lerng No Mai Dong"
Last Modified On: Wednesday, 21/December/2011 10:42:56am
Back to Curries and Soups
200 g. pickled sour bamboo shoot (slice)
300 g. whole fish
5 Tbsp yellow sour curry paste (1 small can)
2 ½ Tbsp tamarind paste
1 Tbsp fish sauce
2 Tbsp palm sugar
2 ½ cups water
1 Tbsp salt
1. Sprinkle salt all over both side of a fish, wash and pat dry.
2. Cut the fish into pieces about 1” thick.
3. Pour 3 cups water in a pot, bring to boil on medium high heat, add sliced pickled sour bamboo shoots, and let it boil for 10 minutes. Then drain, rinse in cold water, and set aside.
4. Pour water in the pot, bring to boil on medium heat, add yellow sour curry paste and stir to dissolve.
5. When curry is boiling, add cut fish (do not stir), wait until the curry is boiling again, then the fishes are cook.
6. Add sour bamboo shoot, let it boil, then season with fish sauce, palm sugar and tamarind paste. Taste as your own favor.
7. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, then taste again and remove from heat.
8. Spoon yellow sour curry with sour bamboo shoot in a bowl and serve immediately.