Fried Fish Apple Salad
Simple fried fish with apple salad and spicy dressing
Last Modified On: Friday, 25/November/2011 05:42:03am
Back to Deep Fried Dishes
500 g. fish fillet
1 cup all purpose flour
1 Granny Smith apple (small)
1 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp thin soy sauce (or fish sauce)
2 tsp sugar
2 fresh chillies
2-3 sprigs cilantro
1 cup vegetable oil for deep-frying
1. Cut fish fillet into pieces, put all purpose flour in a plate, and dip fish fillets into flour and shake off excess.
2. Place oil in a wok on medium-high heat, when oil is hot, add fish fillets to fry.
3. Fry until each side is golden brown and crisp, drain on paper towel.
4. Prepare spicy dressing by mixing sugar, thin soy sauce (or fish sauce), and lime juice together in a mixing bowl, add sliced chillies, taste for sweet, salty, and sour flavor, then transfer into a serving bowl.
5. Peel shallots, cut cilantro stems, wash all vegetables and apple, then pat dry. Peel apple skin, thinly slice, and shred, then finely slice shallots and coarsely slice cilantro.
6. Soak shredded apple in cold salted water (mix 1/2 tsp salt and 2 cups cold water) for 10 minutes to prevent oxidation. Rinse in cold water, drain and put in a mixing bowl with sliced shallot and cilantro, toss together.
7. Put fried fish fillets on a plate, serve with apple salad and spicy dressing.