Fried Tofu with Prawn Sauce
Delicious and simple to cook recipe called "Tao Hu Thot Rad Sauce Kung"
Last Modified On: Thursday, 24/November/2011 21:28:36pm
Back to Deep Fried Dishes
200 g. prawns
1 package fried tofu puff
1/3 cup Chinese dried shredded black mushrooms
1/3 cup chicken broth
1 Tbsp thin soy sauce
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
2 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp tapioca flour
1 sprig cilantro
2 fresh chillies
2 Tbsp vegetable oil for stir-frying
1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
1. Soak Chinese dried shredded black mushrooms (wash dirt before soak) until soft, drain mushrooms and set aside. Clean prawns, peel shell, and devein.
2. Remove chillie stems, cut cilantro roots, slice chillies and pick only cilantro leaves from stems. Heat oil for frying in a wok on medium-high heat, when oil is hot, add fried tofu puff. Fry until all sides crisp, drain on paper towel.
3. When fried tofu puff is cool, cut in half along diagonal, and arrange on a serving plate.
4. Heat oil for stir-frying in a wok on medium heat. When oil is hot, add shredded Chinese black mushrooms, stir-fry for a while, then add prawns. Stir until the prawns are getting cook, pour chicken broth into a wok, and bring to boil. Then season with thin soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar, stir thoroughly.
5. Meanwhile mix tapioca flour with 1 Tbsp water, stir until flour dissolve. Then, add flour water into the sauce, stir quickly to keep it from forming chunks. Add sliced chillies, stir quickly, and remove from heat.
6. Pour the sauce on fried tofu puff, garnish with cilantro leaves, and serve immediately.
Tip: To prevent overcooking prawns, when the sauce is bubbling, quickly thicken and remove from heat.