Baby Banana in Syrup
Easy and popular Thai dessert called "Gluay Khai Chuam" that top with coconut cream
Last Modified On: Thursday, 24/November/2011 21:07:05pm
Back to Desserts
6 baby bananas
1 cup sugar
1 ½ cup water
3 pandanus leaves
½ cup coconut cream
½ tsp salt
2 tsp rice flour
1. Pour sugar and water in a pan, bring to boil on medium-low heat, stir frequently until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Wash pandanus leaves, ties a knot and add in syrup, stir frequently until the syrup is quite thick.
3. Cut both end of baby banana, cut skin at long side and peel.
4. Add peeled baby bananas in the syrup, simmer until the bananas change to dark yellow.
5. Pour coconut cream in a pot, bring to boil on medium heat, then add salt and rice flour, stir frequently until the mixture is thick, remove from heat and set aside for topping.
6. Place baby bananas in syrup on a plate, top with coconut cream and serve immediately.