Mock Pomegrante Seeds with Mix Fruits
Easy and yummy recipe for Thai dessert called "Thab Thim Grob"
Last Modified On: Thursday, 24/November/2011 20:58:37pm
Back to Desserts
1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts
1 can jackfruit in syrup
1 can plam's seeds in syrup
1 can (400 ml.) coconut milk
3 Tbsp concentrated sala favoured syrup
3/4 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
1. Dice water chestnuts and soak in concentrated sala favoured syrup about 15 minutes until colored.
2. Remove water chestnuts and place in tapioca flour so each piece becomes well coated and called "pomegranate seeds".
3. Heat 3 cup of water in a pot on high heat, bring to boil, then add pomegranate seeds and boil about 3 minutes until they float to the surface.
4. Remove and place floated pomegranate seeds in cold water for a few minute, remove and drain. Then prepare plam's seeds and cut jackfruit into small pieces.
5. Boil sugar and water to make syrup, allow to cool in a bowl.
6. Add coconut milk and salt in a pot. Heat on medium until boil, stir regularly to prevent oily, remove from heat. Then place pomegranate seeds in dessert bowl, add plam's seeds, cut jackfruit, syrup, and coconut milk.
7. Mix all ingredients and serve with ice on top.