Pink Milky Ice Cream
Easy and yummy ice cream recipe called "Ice cream Nom Yen" in Thai
Last Modified On: Thursday, 24/November/2011 21:09:11pm
Back to Desserts
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
200 ml milk
350 ml whipping cream
50 ml concentrated sala favoured syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
8-10 maraschino cherries
1. Put egg yolks, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
2. Heat milk, whipping cream and vanilla extract in a pot over medium low heat. When bubbles form around the edges of pot, remove from heat, pour into beaten eggs bowl and whisking constantly.
3. Heat the mixture in the pot over medium low heat. Stir clockwise frequently until the mixture is thick or about 75 C, then remove from heat.
4. Strain the mixture through strainer, let it cool down, then add syrup and stir well.
5. Cut maraschino cherries into small pieces, put in the mixture, stir well and chill in refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
6. Pour the mixture in a ice cream maker and let it works until the mixture is frozen.
7. Scoop pink milky ice cream in a cup and serve immediately.