Sweet Potato in Ginger Syrup
Very easy sweet potato in ginger syrup recipe called "Mun Tom Khing" in Thai
Last Modified On: Thursday, 24/November/2011 21:08:24pm
Back to Desserts
2 heads of sweet potato
1 small ginger root
½ cup sugar
¼ tsp salt
2 cups limewater (1 tsp lime stone paste + 2 cups water)
5 cups water
1. Dissolve lime stone paste with water and wait until the top part of water becomes clear. It’s called “Limewater”.
2. Peel sweet potatoes, wash dirt, and cut into pieces.
3. Soak the sweet potatoes in limewater for 10 minutes, drain, rinse and set aside.
4. Peel ginger root, wash dirt and slice into pieces.
5. Pour water in a pot, bring to boil on medium-high heat, then add sliced ginger, sugar and salt.
6. When the sugar is dissolved, add the sweet potatoes, continue boiling until the sweet potatoes are cook.
7. Spoon sweet potatoes in ginger syrup in a bowl and serve immediately.