Thai Pumpkin Custard: Sangkaya Fak Thong
Sweet and creamy Thai custard in pumpkin called "Sangkaya Fak Thong"
Last Modified On: Thursday, 24/November/2011 21:07:50pm
Back to Desserts
1 small Japanese pumpkin (kabocha)
1 can coconut milk
1 cup palm sugar
½ tsp salt
3-4 pandanus leaves
1. Cut out top of the pumpkin and use spoon to remove all seeds inside.
2. Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add coconut milk and stir well.
4. Add palm sugar, salt and pandanus leaves.
5. Squeeze pandanus leaves until palm sugar dissolves and all ingredients mix well.
6. Sift custard mixture into the pumpkin, and steam for 45 minutes or well done.
7. Cut pumpkin custard in pieces and serve immediately.