Sangkaya Bai Toey: Thai Pandanus-leaf Pudding
Thai Pandanus-leaf Pudding or Sangkaya Bai Toey : sweet & creamy pudding that usually serve with bread
Last Modified On: Tuesday, 26/June/2012 06:37:47am
Back to Desserts
1 ½ cup coconut milk
10 pandanus leaves
1 cup water
½ cup sugar
½ cup palm sugar
¼ cup corn flour
1. Cut pandanus leaves in small pieces, put into blender with 1 cup water, and blend well. Then squeeze blended pandanus leaves and sift pandanus-leaf juice.
2. Add corn flour into pandanus-leaf juice, stir clockwise until flour dissolve.
3. Put palm sugar, sugar and coconut milk into another mixing bowl, stir clockwise until mix together.
4. Add pandanus-leaf mixture into coconut milk mixture, stir clockwise until mix thoroughly. Beat eggs until fluffy, add into the mixture stir clockwise until mix well.
5. Sift the mixture with sieve cloth.
6. Pour water in a pot, bring to boil on medium-high heat. When boiled, put the custard mixture in another pot, place this pot in boiled water pot, and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir clockwise frequently until the mixture is thick, and then remove from heat.
7. Put Sangkaya in a bowl, top with evaporated milk and serve with bread.