Thai Tea Ice Cream
Another version of Thai tea that sweet, creamy, and icy
Last Modified On: Thursday, 24/November/2011 21:01:25pm
Back to Desserts
1 cup milk
3 tbsp Thai tea
2/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/8 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cup half and half
1. Heat milk and Thai tea in a pot over medium high heat. When bubbles form around the edges of pot, remove from heat, and sift. Add 1/3 cup sugar, stir well and set aside.
2. Beat eggs until fluffy, whisk hot mixture into beaten eggs bowl, whisking constantly.
3. Pour water in a pot, bring to boil on medium-high heat. When boiled, put the mixture in another pot, place this pot in boiled water pot, add remaining sugar and salt, and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir clockwise frequently until the mixture is thick, and then remove from heat.
4. Add vanilla extract and 1 cup half and half, stir well and chill in freezer.
5. Strain through a very fine sieve or cheesecloth. Add remaining half and half, stir well.
6. Freeze in an ice cream maker until the mixture is frozen.
7. Scoop ice cream in a cup and serve immediately.