Spicy Long Eggplant Dip
Easy spicy dip that made from easy to find ingredients
Last Modified On: Thursday, 24/November/2011 21:22:06pm
Back to Dipping Sauce
1 long eggplant
200 g. ground pork
3-4 clove garlic
3 fresh chilies
2 Tbsp fish sauce
3½ Tbsp lime juice
2 tsp sugar
2 kaffir lime leaves (finely slice)
1. Peel garlic and shallot, remove chili stems, wash dirt, pat dry and cut into small pieces.
2. Cut eggplant stem, wash, pat dry, cut into pieces and then cut each piece in half.
3. Place eggplant, garlic, shallot and fresh chilies on a baking sheet and bake at 350° F for 25 minutes.
4. Put baked garlic, shallot and chilies in a mortar, well pound and set aside.
5. Tear baked eggplant into small strips, put in the mortar and pound well with all ingredients.
6. Add ¼ cup water, bring to boil on medium heat, then add ground pork, stir well until the pork is cooked.
7. Drain, add pounded ingredients and half of sliced kaffir lime leaves.
8. Season with fish sauce, lime juice and sugar, stir well and taste for your own favor.
9. Put spicy long eggplant dip in a bowl, garnish with sliced kaffir lime leaves, and then serve with fresh vegetable such as carrot and baby napa.