Crispy Noodles with Chicken Gravy
Yummy crispy noodles with chicken gravy call "Mee Krob Rad Nah Kai" in Thai
Last Modified On: Friday, 15/April/2016 02:10:23am
Back to Noodle
1 pack (450g.) Chow Mein Noodles
350 g. chicken breast
1 can young corn
5 shitakae mushrooms (soaked until soften)
2 cloves garlic
1/8 head onion
2 green onions
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp thin soy sauce
2 tsp seasoning soy sauce
1 Tbsp Chinese cooking wine
4 cup water
1/2 cube chicken broth
1/4 cup corn flour + 3 Tbsp water
2 tsp vegetable oil for stir fry
1/2 cup vegetable oil for deep fry noodles
Ingredients for marinated chicken
1 tsp thin soy sauce
1 tsp seasoning soy sauce
1 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
1. Wash chicken breast, pat dry and cut into small pieces.
2. Put cut chicken breast in a mixing bowl, add marinated chicken ingredients, mix well and marinated for 1-2 hours.
3. Cut soaked shitakae mushrooms into small pieces and set aside.
4. Peel onion and garlic, cut green onion roots, wash, pat dry. Dice onion, mince garlic and cut green onion into pieces.
5. Separate noodles, heat oil in a fry pan, when oil is hot add separated noodles in it.
6. Deep fry until both sides of the noodles are golden brown and crisp. Remove from heat and drain on paper towel.
7. Heat stir fry oil in another pan, when oil is hot add minced garlic and diced onion, stir fry until fragrant, then add sliced mushrooms.
8. Stir fry all ingredients until mix well, then add marinated chicken.
9. Stir fry until the chicken is getting cook, then add water.
10. Add chicken broth cube, stir well and wait until the soup is boiling.
11. Cut young corn into strips.
12. Add cut young corn and stir together.
13. Season with all remaining ingredients, and stir well.
14. Dissolve corn flour with water.
15. When the soup is boiling, add flour water, stir quickly to keep it from forming chunks. (If the gravy is not thick enough, add more flour water.)
16. Add cut green onion, stir well, wait until the soup is boiled again, remove from heat.
17. Put crispy noodles on a plate, top with the gravy, sprinkle some ground pepper, and serve not.