Crab Fried Rice
Super easy and yummy fried rice recipe called "Khao Pad Poo" in Thai
Last Modified On: Friday, 25/November/2011 04:37:24am
Back to One-Plate Dishes
5 cups cooked rice
2 cans crab meat
2 cloves garlic
1/4 head of onion
3 green onions
4 Tbsp oyster sauce
2 Tbsp thin soy sauce (or fish sauce)
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
Ingredients for side serving
1 green lettuce
1. Peel onion and garlic, cut green onion roots, wash dirt, and pat dry. Cut onion into thin slice, mince garlic, and slice green onion.
2. Heat oil in a wok on medium heat. When oil is hot, add sliced onion and minced garlic, fry until fragrant and onion is getting cook, then add eggs.
3. Scramble eggs with spatula and spread in a thin layer. Add 1 Tbsp thin soy sauce (or fsih sauce), and let the eggs set.
4. Drain water from crab meat cans, add crab meat in a wok, season with remaining thin soy sauce (or fish sauce) and sugar, then stir thoroughly.
5. Add cooked rice, season with oyster sauce, stir fry until all ingredients mix thoroughly.
6. Add sliced green onion, stir well, then remove from heat.
7. Put the fried rice on a plate, place sliced tomatoes, a leave of green lettuce, and a wedge of lime around the rice, then serve immediately.