Fermented Pork Sausage Fried Rice
Quick and easy fried rice recipe called "Khao Phad Naem" in Thai
Last Modified On: Friday, 25/November/2011 04:27:42am
Back to One-Plate Dishes
4 cups cooked rice
2 sticks fermented pork sausage
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp thin soy sauce (or fish sauce)
1 tbsp seasoning soy sauce
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
2 tsp sugar
1/2 head of onion
3 cloves garlic
4 leaves green lettuce
3 green onions
1 sprig cilantro
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1. Peel onion and garlic, cut green onion roots, cut cilantro stems, wash dirt, and pat dry. Chop onion into small dices, mince garlic, cut green onion into 1/2" length, pick only cilantro leaves, and thinly slice tomato.
2. Slice fermented pork sausages into small pieces. Heat oil in a wok on medium heat. When oil is hot, add diced onion and minced garlic, fry until fragrant and onion is getting cook.
3. Add sliced fermented pork sausages, stir-fry until the sausage is getting cook, make room for eggs in the middle of the wok, scramble with spatula, and spread eggs in a thin layer. Then season with thin soy sauce (or fish sauce), seasoning sauce, and sugar.
4. When set, return the eggs (don't stir), wait until the eggs are cooked, add cooked rice and oyster sauce. Stir-fry until the sauce mix thoroughly.
5. Add cut green onion, stir quickly, and remove from heat.
6. Put the fried rice on a plate, top with cilantro leaves, and serve with sliced tomatoes and green lettuce leaves.