Shrimp Paste Fried Rice
Shrimp paste fried rice with side ingredients called "Khao Kluk Kapi" in Thai
Last Modified On: Sunday, 01/January/2012 21:08:45pm
Back to One-Plate Dishes
4 cups cooked rice
1 Tbsp shrimp paste
4-5 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
Ingredients for side serving
2 large egg
1/2 tsp thin soy sauce
1 Granny Smith Apple
1/4 cup dried shrimps
2 fresh chillies
200 g. long green bean
1. Peel garlic, wash dirt, and mince. Heat oil in a wok on medium-high heat, when oil is hot, add garlic and fry until fragrant.
2. Add shrimp paste, stir well until shrimp paste is soften, then add cooked rice.
3. Stir to mix thoroughly, then remove from heat.Preparation for side serving:
Thin Sliced Fried Egg
1. Beat eggs, add thin soy sauce, and mix well. Heat oil about 1/2 Tbsp in a wok on high heat. When oil is hot, spread the oil, pour the egg, and spread it in a thin layer over the wok.
2. When the egg set well, roll up, and remove from the wok.
3. Cut cooked egg into thin slices and place on a plate.Fried Dried Shrimps
Heat oil about 1 Tbsp in a wok on medium heat. When oil is hot, add dried shrimps, and fry until crisp. Drain on paper towel and set aside.Vegetables
1. Peel shallots and remove chillie stems, wash dirt, and pat dry. Thinly slice shallots, slice chillies, and cut lime into pieces.
2. Wash apple and long green bean. Peel apple skin, thinly slice, and shred. Soak in cold salted water (mix 1/2 tsp salt and 2 cups cold water) for 5 minutes to prevent oxidation. Drain, rinse in cold water, pat dry and set aside.
3. Slice long green bean into small pieces and place on a plate with other side ingredients.Serving
Put shrimp paste fried rice on a plate, place thin sliced fried egg, fried dried shrimp, shredded apple, thin sliced shallot, slice long green bean, sliced chillies and a wedge of lime around the rice. Serve immediately with Sweet Pork