Start your day with yummy breakfast called "Pork Congee"
Last Modified On: Friday, 25/November/2011 04:39:12am
Back to One-Plate Dishes
2 cups cooked rice
250 g. ground pork
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
2 Tbsp thin soy sauce
1 Tbsp seasoning soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp ground pepper
½ cube chicken broth
2 sprigs cilantro
1 green onion
½ root ginger
2 preserved duck eggs (century eggs)
4 cups water
1. Season ground pork with oyster sauce, 1 Tbsp thin soy sauce, seasoning soy sauce, sugar, and ground pepper. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
2. Cut green onion and cilantro roots, peel ginger, wash dirt and pat dry. Finely slice green onion and cilantro, shred ginger, and set aside.
3. Pour 2 cups water in a pot, bring to boil on medium-high heat, then add chicken broth cube. Put cooked rice in food processor, add 1 cup water, well blend, and then put minced rice in the pot.
4. Stir well, reduce heat to low heat, simmer for 15 minutes, stir frequently, and remove from heat.
5. Pour 1 cup water in another pot, bring to boil on medium-high heat, add seasoned ground pork, boil until the pork is cooked, and then add 1 Tbsp thin soy sauce.
6. Add congee in a soup, stir well, and then remove from heat. Remove century eggs from shells, and cut into sixth.
7. Put pork congee in a serving bowl, place cut century eggs on top, sprinkle with finely sliced green onion and cilantro, shredded ginger, and ground pepper, then serve immediately.