Sweet pork or "Mu Wan" that usually serves with Shrimp Paste Fried Rice
Last Modified On: Friday, 25/November/2011 04:25:07am
Back to One-Plate Dishes
350 g. streaky pork
1 1/2 Tbsp thin soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 Tbsp seasoning soy sauce
3 1/2 Tbsp palm sugar
1/2 cup water
1. Wash streaky pork, pat dry, and cut into small pieces. Peel shallots, wash dirt, pat dry and thinly slice.
2. Pour water in a pot, bring to boil on medium heat, add cut pork, and boil until pork is getting cook. Season with thin soy sauce, dark soy sauce, and seasoning soy sauce.
3. Stir well, turn down heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes or until the pork is getting tender.
4. When the pork is tender, add palm sugar, stir well until palm sugar dissolve, and simmer for 15 minutes. Then add sliced shallots.
5. Stir thoroughly, remove from heat, put in a small bowl, and serve with Shrimp Paste Fried Rice.
Tip: Add palm sugar after simmer pork for a while, otherwise the pork won't be tender.