Papaya Salad: Som Tam
Very popular spicy salad recipe that usually with steamed glutinous rice
Last Modified On: Friday, 25/November/2011 05:17:18am
Back to Spicy Salad
2 cups shredded green papaya
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 1/2 Tbsp thin soy sauce (or fish sauce)
2 1/2 Tbsp palm sugar
2-3 cloves garlic
2 fresh chillies
2 Tbsp roasted peanuts
3 Tbsp dried shrimp
1. Peel green papaya skin, cut in half, and shred.
2. Remove chillies and tomato stems, wash dirt, and pat dry. Cut tomato into pieces, cut chillies and garlic into small pieces, then well pound in a mortar. Add dried shrimps, pound until soft, then add roasted peanuts and gently pound.
3. Add cut tomato, gently crush, and mix thoroughly.
4. Mix lime juice, thin soy sauce (or fish sauce) and palm sugar in a mixing bowl. Taste for sweet, salty, and sour flavour. In a large mixing bowl, mix shredded papaya, pounded ingredients, and prepared dressing, stir thoroughly.
5. Spoon onto a plate, serve with fresh vegetables and Steamed Glutinous Rice.