Spicy Apple and Hard-boiled Egg Salad
Spicy salad recipe from easy to find ingredients call "Yam Apple Khai Tom"
Last Modified On: Friday, 25/November/2011 05:09:09am
Back to Spicy Salad
1/2 Granny Smith Apple (large)
3 large eggs
2 fresh chillies
1 sprig cilantro
1 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp thin soy sauce (or fish sauce)
1 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp palm sugar
1/4 cup dried shrimps
1/2 tsp salt
1. Pour 3 cups water in a pot, add eggs, bring to boil on high heat, and additional boil about 10 minutes or until cook. Remove the eggs from shells, cut in halves, and arrange in a serving plate.
2. Peel shallots, cut cilantro stem, wash apple and all vegetables. Finely slice shallots, chillies, and cilantro.
3. Peel apple skin, thinly slice, and shred. Soak in cold salted water (mix 1/2 tsp salt and 2 cups cold water) for 5 minutes to prevent oxidation. Drain, rinse in cold water, pat dry and set aside.
4. Ground dried shrimps. Then prepare dressing by mixing lime juice, thin soy sauce (or fish sauce), sugar, palm sugar, and sliced chillies in a mixing bowl. Taste for your own flavour.
5. In a large mixing bowl, mix shredded apple, sliced shallots, sliced cilantro, ground dried shrimps, and dressing, then mix thoroughly.
6. Put the salad in a serving bowl, and serve immediately with hard-boiled egg.