Spicy Deep-fried Egg and Becon Salad
Yummy and super easy spicy salad recipe called "Yam Khai Dao Becon"
Last Modified On: Friday, 25/November/2011 05:13:07am
Back to Spicy Salad
3 large eggs
5 strips becon
2 fresh chillies
1 sprig cilantro
1 green lettuce leaf
1/4 head of onion
1 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
1 1/2 Tbsp thin soy sauce (or fish sauce)
2 tsp sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil for deep-frying
1. Cut becon strips in halves and break eggs into a bowl.
2. Peel onion, remove chillie stem, cut cilantro and green lettuce stems, wash dirt, and pat dry. Finely slice onion, slice chillies, and pick only cilantro leaves from stem. Then prepare dressing by mixing lime juice, thin soy sauce (or fish sauce), sugar, and sliced chillies in a mixing bowl.
3. Heat oil about 1 Tbsp in a wok on medium heat. When oil is hot, add becon, fry until crisp, drain on paper towel, and set aside. Discard oil.
4. Heat deep-frying oil in a wok on medium heat again. When oil is hot, pour the eggs into the center of the oil, fry them until bubbly and crisp. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
5. Cut the fried egg into eights and arrange on a serving plate so the egg assumes it original shape. Cut becon into 1" lenght, place on top of fried eggs, and sprinkle with cilantro leaves. Decorate with green lettuce leave and sliced onion.
6. Serve the salad with dressing, either pour on the fried eggs or put it in a sepearte bowl.