Boiled Pork with Lime Sauce
Quick and easy spicy salad recipe from simple ingredients called "Mu Manow"
Last Modified On: Friday, 25/November/2011 05:16:28am
Back to Spicy Salad
250 g. pork tenderloin
5 sprigs Chinese broccoli (Gai lan)
3 cloves garlic
2 fresh chillies
1 sprig cilantro
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 1/2 Tbsp thin soy sauce (or fish sauce)
1 tsp sugar
1. Clean pork tenderloin, pat dry, and slice into 1/4" thick.
2. Peel garlic, remove chillie stems, and cut cilantro stems, wash dirt, and pat dry. Cut garlic and chillies into small pieces and well pound in a mortar. Then finely slice cilantro.
3. Prepare lime sauce dressing by mixing pounded garlic-chillies and finely sliced cilantro in a mixing bowl. Season with lime juice, thin soy sauce (or fish sauce) and sugar, stir thoroughly and taste for your own favour.
4. Discard yellow or hard leaves of Chinese broccoli, wash dirt, and pat dry. Then cut leaves into 2" lenght, peel stems' skin, and slice into small pieces.
5. Pour 4 cups water in a pot, bring to boil on high heat, add cut Chinese broccoli, add about 1 tsp vegetable and scald for 2 minutes. Remove from boiled water to cold water (so they retain their colour), drain and arrange on a serving plate.
6. After remove all Chinese broccoli from the pot, add sliced pork tenderloin, boil until the pork is cooked, drain and arrange on the serving plate.
7. Serve with lime sauce dressing either put it in a separated bowl or pour the lime sauce on the boiled pork.