Spicy Steamed-Chicken Salad
Yummy & easy spicy salad that made from steamed chicken
Last Modified On: Friday, 25/November/2011 05:18:21am
Back to Spicy Salad
2 pieces chicken thighs
5 kaffir lime leaves
½ tsp salt
1 Tbsp roasted red chili paste
2 Tbsp Chinese hot pepper sauce
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 ½ Tbsp thin soy sauce (fish sauce)
1 tsp sugar
1/8 head of onion
2 sprigs cilantro
2 green onions
1. Wash chicken thighs, pat dry, put in a bowl, add salt and mix well.
2. Wash lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves, pat dry, then slice lemongrass stem and tear kaffir lime leaves in halves (remove central stems). Place them on top of chicken thighs.
3. Place the bowl in a steamer about 40 minutes or until the chicken thighs are cooked.
4. Peel onion, cut cilantro and green onion roots, wash dirt and pat dry. Finely slice onion, coarsely chop cilantro and green onion, and then set aside.
5. Wash tomato, cut in 6 parts, remove seed and cut into small dices.
6. Prepare dressing by mixing lime juice, roasted red chili paste, Chinese hot pepper sauce, thin soy sauce (fish sauce) and sugar in a mixing bowl. Stir together and taste as your own favor.
7. When the chickens are cool down, de-bone, separate into small pieces and put them in a large mixing bowl.
8. Add prepared vegetable and dressing in the bowl, then stir thoroughly.
9. Spoon spicy steamed-chicken salad on a plate and serve immediately.