Fluffy Tuna Spicy Salad
Yummy recipe from easy to find ingredients called "Yam Tuna Fu"
Last Modified On: Friday, 25/November/2011 05:15:45am
Back to Spicy Salad
1 can (190 g.) flaked tuna in water
1/2 Granny Smith apple (large)
1 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp thin soy sauce (or fish sauce)
1 Tbsp palm sugar
1/2 Tbsp sugar
2 fresh chillies
2-3 sprigs cilantro
2-3 green lettuce leaves
1 cup vegetable oil for deep-frying
1/4 cup roasted cashew nuts
Preparation for fluffy tuna
1. Squeeze all water from tuna, well pound or break tuna into small pieces with a fork, then set aside to dry.
2. Place oil in a wok on medium-high heat, when oil is hot, put about 2 Tbsp in the oil, and seperate it out into shreds.
3. When tuna starts to brown, gather the shreds together, turn over, and fry until crisp and golden brown. Then remove from the wok and drain on paper towel. Fry the rest of tuna in the same way until done.
Preparation for spicy dressing
1. Mix palm sugar, sugar, thin soy sauce (or fish sauce), and lime juice together in a mixing bowl.
2. Cut chillies and cilantro stems, wash dirt, and finely sliced chillies and cilantro, then add into the mixing bowl. Taste for sweet, salty, and sour flavour, then transfer into a serving bowl.
Preparation for vegetable and serving
1. Peel shallots, cut cilantro stems, wash all vegetables and apple, then pat dry. Finely slice shallots and coarsely slice cilantro.
2. Peel apple skin, thinly slice, and shred. Soak in cold salted water (mix 1/2 tsp salt and 2 cups cold water) for 10 minutes to prevent oxidation. Drain, rinse in cold water, pat dry and set aside.
3. Place the fluffy tuna on a serving plate, top with cashew nuts, sprinkle with sliced cilantro, and serve with green lettuce leave, shredded apple, finely sliced shallots, and spicy dressing.