White Fungus Spicy Salad
Easy and yummy spicy salad recipe from one kind of mushroom, "White Fungus"
Last Modified On: Friday, 25/November/2011 05:19:58am
Back to Spicy Salad
1 dried white fungus
50 g. ground pork
1 stem Chinese celery
1/8 head onion
2 fresh chilies
1 ½ Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp thin soy sauce (or fish sauce)
1 tsp sugar
1. Soak dried white fungus for 10 minutes until soft, drain and cut into small pieces.
2. Peel onion, remove chili stems, and then wash with Chinese celery. Finely slice onion and fresh chilies, cut Chinese celery into 1” length.
3. Pour 3 cups water in a pot and bring to boil on medium-high heat. When boil, add white fungus, scald for 2 minutes, then drain and set aside. (Discard boiled water)
4. Pour 1 cup water in a pot, bring to boil again, and then add cut Chinese celery, scald for 1 minute, drain and set aside. (Discard boiled water)
5. Clean prawns, peel shells, and devein. Boil ¼ cup water, when boil, add ground pork, stir until the ground pork is getting cook, add prawns, stir until the ground pork and prawns are cooked. Drain and set aside.
6. Prepare dressing by mixing lime juice, sliced chilies, thin soy sauce (or fish sauce), and sugar in a mixing bowl. Taste for your own flavor.
7. In a large mixing bowl, put scalded white fungus and Chinese celery, sliced onion, cooked ground pork, prawns, and dressing. Toss to mix well.
8. Spoon the salad onto a plate and serve immediately.