Stir-fried Bitter Gourd with Eggs
Easy stir-fried bitter gourd recipe that has less bitter taste called "Mara Pad Khai"
Last Modified On: Thursday, 24/November/2011 20:02:31pm
Back to Stir-Fried Dishes
1 bitter gourd
3 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp oyster sauce
½ tsp thin soy sauce
½ seasoning soy sauce
½ tsp sugar
1 Tbsp salt
2 tsp vegetable oil
1. Wash bitter gourd, pat dry, cut into pieces and cut each piece in halves.
2. Remove seeds and white puff part, then thinly slice.
3. Put sliced bitter gourd in a large bowl, sprinkle salt all over them, toss thoroughly and leave for 15 minutes.
4. After that, discard bitter water, rinse, drain and set aside.
5. Peel garlic, wash and pat dry. Smash and mince.
6. Pour 3 cups water in a wok and bring to boil on high heat. Add sliced bitter gourd and scald for 1 minute, drain and set aside.
7. Heat oil in a wok on medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add minced garlic, stir fry until fragrant, then add eggs.
8. Scramble the eggs with spatula and spread in a thin layer. When set, add seasoning soy sauce and sliced bitter gourd.
9. Season with oyster sauce, thin soy sauce and sugar, stir fry quickly until all ingredients mix thoroughly, then remove from heat.
10 Place stir-fried bitter gourd with eggs on a plate and serve immediately.