Sweet and Sour Orange Chicken Stir-fried
Healthy chicken stir-fried recipe with fruit and veggies called "Kai Phat Som" in Thai
Last Modified On: Tuesday, 27/March/2012 15:34:11pm
Back to Stir-Fried Dishes
2 chicken thighs
1 Navel orange
2 stalks of celery
½ tsp vegetable of stir-fry
Ingredients for Stir-fried Sauce
1 tsp corn flour
1 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp ketchup
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp seasoning soy sauce
½ tsp thin soy sauce
1 ½ Tbsp sugar
½ tsp sesame seed oil
1. In small mixing bowl, dissolve corn flour with water.
2. Add the remaining stir-fried sauce ingredients in the mixing bowl, stir to mix well and set aside.
3. Peel onion, cut celery root, wash, pat dry and roughly slice into pieces.
4. Wash tomato, divide into 4 pieces, remove all seeds and cut into pieces.
5. Peel orange and cut into pieces.
6. Wash chicken thighs, debone and cut into pieces about 1 inch.
7. Heat oil in a wok on medium heat, when oil is hot, add sliced onion, stir fry until fragrant and the onion is getting cook, then add cut chicken.
8. Stir-fry until the chicken is getting cook, add cut celery, stir-fry well until the chicken is cook, and then add the sauce mixture.
9. Stir-fry thoroughly, then add cut tomato and orange.
10. Stir-fry quickly until all ingredients mix well, taste as your own flavor and remove from heat.
11. Place sweet and sour chicken orange stir-fried on a plate and serve immediately.
Tip: Don’t cut tomato and orange into small pieces and stir-fry them for too long. These may cause them mess and too tender.