Stir-fried Spicy Ground Pork with Bamboo Shoots
Spicy and easy stir-fried recipe called "Phat Phet Nor Mai"
Last Modified On: Wednesday, 14/December/2011 17:05:58pm
Back to Stir-Fried Dishes
1 can (227 ml) bamboo shoot strips
100 g. ground pork
5 cloves garlic
3 fresh chilies
7-8 kaffir lime leaves
2 Tbsp thin soy sauce (or fish sauce)
2 tsp seasoning soy sauce
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1. Pour 3 cups water in a pot, bring to boil on high heat, add shredded bamboo shoots, and let it boil for 15 minutes. Drain, rinse in cold water, and set aside.
2. Peel garlic, remove chili stems, wash dirt, and pat dry. Cut garlic and chilies into small pieces and well pound in a mortar.
3. Wash kaffir lime leaves, pat dry, tear kaffir lime leaves in halves, and remove central stems.
4. Heat oil in a wok on medium heat. When oil is hot, add well pounded garlic and chilies, fry until fragrant, then add ground pork. Stir-fry until ground pork is getting cook.
5. Season with thin soy sauce (or fish sauce), seasoning soy sauce, and sugar. Then mix thoroughly and add shredded bamboo shoots and oyster sauce.
6. Stir regularly about 2-3 minutes, add kaffir lime leaves, mix well and remove from heat.
7. Place the stir-fried spicy ground pork with bamboo shoot and on a plate, and serve immediately.