Pork & Tomato Chillie Dip
Easy chillie dip with simple ingredients called "Nam Phrik Ong"
Last Modified On: Wednesday, 21/December/2011 10:13:59am
Back to Stir-Fried Dishes
250 g. ground pork
2 tbsp red curry paste
20 grape tomatoes
1 tbsp thin soy sauce (or fish sauce)
2 ½ tbsp palm sugar
1 tsp tamarind paste
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Wash tomatoes, pat dry, cut into small pieces and put in a mortar with red curry paste.
2. Pound tomatoes with red curry paste until mix well.
3. Heat oil in a pot on medium heat. When oil is hot, add red curry paste, stir fry until fragrant, and then add ground pork.
4. Stir-fry until ground pork is getting cook, season with thin soy sauce (or fish sauce), palm sugar, and tamarind paste, stir well, continue cooking until the mixture becomes fairly thick, then remove from heat.
5. Put in a bowl and serve with fresh vegetables such as long green bean, Chinese cabbage and cucumber.