Stir-fried Seafood with Curry Powder
Popular stir-fried recipe from easy to find ingredients called "Talae Phat Phong Kari"
Last Modified On: Wednesday, 14/December/2011 17:02:52pm
Back to Stir-Fried Dishes
200 g. prawns
150 g. cleaned squid
100 g. imitation crabmeat
1 large egg
1/3 cup evporated milk
1 Tbsp thin soy sauce
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
2 Tbsp roasted chillie paste
2 tsp curry powder
1/4 head of onion
100 g. Chinese celery
1 green onion
2 fresh chillies
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1. Peel onion, remove chillie stem, cut Chinese celery and green onion roots, wash dirt, and pat dry. Then, thinly slice chillies and onion, and cut Chinese celery and green onion into 1" lenght.
2. Clean prawns, peel shells, and devein. Clean squid, cut it open, lightly make strips crisscross (inner side), and cut into 1" wide. Then, tear imitation crabmeat into small pieces.
3. In a mixing bowl, break an egg, add curry powder, evaporated milk, thin soy sauce, oyster sauce, and roasted chillie paste, then stir well. Pour 3 cups water in a pot, bring to boil on high heat, add squid, scald for 2 minutes, then drain and set aside.
4. Heat oil in a wok on medium heat. When oil is hot, add sliced onion, fry until fragrant and the onion is getting cook, then add mixture, stir-fry until the mixture is getting cook, add prawns. Stir well for a while, then add scalded squid and imitation crabmeat.
5. Stir-fry until all ingredients mix thoroughly and prawns are getting cook, add cut Chinese celery and green onion, and sliced chillies, stir regularly for 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
6. Place stir-fried seafood with curry powder on a plate, and serve immediately.