Stir-fried Sponge Gourd with Egg & Prawn
Quick and easy stir-fried recipe called "Buab Phat Khai Sai Kung"
Last Modified On: Wednesday, 14/December/2011 17:06:55pm
Back to Stir-Fried Dishes
500 g. sponge gourd (sing gua)
200 g. prawns
3 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 Tbsp thin soy sauce (or fish sauce)
2 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1. Peel sponge gourd (sing gua), wash dirt, pat dry and cut into pieces.
2. Peel garlic, wash dirt, pat dry and mince. Then, clean prawns, peel shell, and devein.
3. Place cut sponge gourd (sing gua) on a plate, cover, and put in microwave for 2 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a wok on medium heat, when oil is hot, add minced garlic, stir-fry until fragrant, and then add prawns.
5. Stir-fry until the prawns are getting cook, add cut sponge gourd (sing gua) and then season with oyster sauce, thin soy sauce (or fish sauce) and sugar.
6. Stir-fry until all ingredients mix thoroughly, make room for eggs in the middle, scramble with spatula, and spread egg in a thin layer.
7. When set, turn to the other side, wait until the egg is cooked, mix all ingredients together and then remove from heat.
8. Place stir-fried sponge gourd with egg & prawn on a plate and serve immediately.