Stir-fried spicy eggplant with pork
Spicy and tasty stir-fried eggplant with pork and many kind of herbs.
Last Modified On: Thursday, 30/April/2015 02:28:18am
Back to Stir-Fried Dishes
300 g. pork sirloin
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1 1/3 cup chicken broth
4-5 kaffir lime leaves
1/2 cup basil leaves
1 tsp vegetable oil
Spicy paste Ingredients
3 tbsp sliced lemon grass
4 sliced galangals
3 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp shrimp paste
1. Cut shallot, garlic, chilies, and galangals into small pieces. Put sliced lemon grass and galangals in a mortar.
2. Coarsely pound lemon grass and galangals, then add cut garlic and well pound together.
3. Add chilies, pound for a while, add shrimp paste and well pound until all ingredients well blend.
4. Wash eggplant, cut stem and cut into pieces, then cut each pieces into quarters.
5. Wash pork sirloin, pat dry and slice into small pieces.
6. Wash kaffir lime leaves, chili and basil leaves, pat dry, then slice chili, tear kaffir lime leaves and pick basil leaves from stems.
7. Heat oil in a wok on medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add spicy paste, stir-fry until fragrant, then add sliced pork sirloin.
8. Stir-fry until the pork is getting cook, add chicken broth in the wok and stir well.
9. When the soup is boiling, season with all ingredients.
10. Add kaffir lime leaves and sliced chili, then stir together.
11. Add cut eggplants, stir-fry regularly until the eggplants are cooked.
12. Add basil leaves, stir-fry quickly until all ingredients mix together, then remove from heat.
13. Place the stir-fried spicy eggplant with pork on a plate, and serve immediately.