Stir-fried Spicy Snapper
Healthy stir-fried recipe from many kinds of herb and fish called "Phat Cha Pla Krapong"
Last Modified On: Wednesday, 21/December/2011 10:12:23am
Back to Stir-Fried Dishes
350 g. snapper fillet
3 cloves garlic
2 long cayenne pepper
1/2 cup sweet basil leaves
1/2 cup krachai, shredded
3 stems young pepper corn
2 Tbsp osyter sauce
2 tsp thin soy sauce (or fish sauce)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1. Wash snapper fillet, pat dry, sprinkle salt all over both side, and slice into 2" lengths.
2. Peel garlic, remove long cayenne pepper stems, wash dirt, and pat dry. Cut garlic and long cayenne pepper into small pieces, then coarsely pound in a mortar.
3. Wash sweet basil and krachai, pat dry, then finely shred krachai and pick sweet basil leaves from stem.
4. Heat oil in a wok on medium heat. When oil is hot, add snapper, fry until cook (filp once when cooked), and remove from oil.
5. With the same oil, add coasely pounded garlic and chillies, fry until fragrant, then add cooked snapper, shredded krachai, and young pepper corn.
6. Season with oyster sauce, thin soy sauce (or fish sauce), and sugar, stir thoroughly, add sweet basil leaves, stir well and remove from heat.
7. Place the stir-fried spicy snapper on a plate, and serve immediately.