Pumpkin in Coconut Cream
Sweet and creamy dessert called "Fagthong Kaeng Buat" in Thai
Last Modified On: Thursday, 24/November/2011 21:10:18pm
Back to Desserts
500 g. Japanese pumpkin (kabocha)
1 can coconut milk
1 piece palm sugar
1/3 cup sugar
½ tsp salt
3 cups limewater (1 tsp lime stone paste + 3 cups water)
1 cup water
1. Dissolve lime stone paste with water and wait until the top part of water becomes clear. It’s called “Limewater”.
2. Cut pumpkin, remove seeds and peel, wash dirt, and cut into pieces.
3. Soak the pumpkins in limewater for 15 minutes, drain, rinse and set aside.
4. Divide about 1/2 cup of coconut cream (top portion of a can) and place it in a bowl. Place the rest of coconut milk and 1 cup of water in a pot, heat on medium and bring to boil.
5. When the coconut milk start bubbling, add palm sugar, sugar and salt.
6. Stir until dissolve, add the pumpkins, stir together and let it boil for 15 minutes or the pumpkins are cook.
7. Add coconut cream, stir together, reduce to low heat and let coconut milk boil again, then remove from heat.
8. Spoon pumpkin in coconut cream in a bowl and serve immediately.