Sweet Water Chestnut with Coconut Custard: Ta-ko Haew
Sweet, salty, and creamy dessert with water chestnut called "Ta-ko Haew" in Thai
Last Modified On: Thursday, 24/November/2011 21:04:27pm
Back to Desserts
½ cup rice flour
2 Tbsp tapioca flour
1 ¾ cup water
¼ cup pandanus leaf juice
1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts
1/3 cup sugar
1 can coconut milk
2 tsp sugar
¼ cup rice flour
1 tsp salt
Preparation for Base
1. Cut water chestnuts into small dices.
2. Mix rice flour, tapioca flour, and sugar together. Add water and pandanus leaf juice in a pot, stir well until the flour dissolve.
3. Bring the flour mixture to boil on medium heat, stir frequently until the flour mixture is thick.
4. When the mixture is thick, add diced water chestnuts, stir well until the mixture is boiled again, then remove from heat.
5. Spoon the flour mixture into individual small cups for the base.
Preparation for Topping
1. Mix coconut milk, sugar, rice flour, and salt together, stir well.
2. Bring coconut mixture to boil on medium-low heat, stir frequently until the mixture is thick, and then remove from heat.
3. Spoon coconut cream mixture and top on each cup of prepared base.
4. When topping is cool, serve immediately.