Rice Noodle Nests with Fish Sauce
Spicy and tasty rice noodles with sauce called "Khanom Jine Namya" in Thai
Last Modified On: Friday, 25/November/2011 05:00:25am
Back to Noodle
200 g. thin rice noodles
2 cans (170 g.) flaked light tuna in water
1 package (300 g.) pickled mustard
4 Tbsp red cuury paste
1 can coconut milk
1/3 cup krachai
2 large eggs
100 g. long green beans
250 g. fish balls
2 Tbsp thin soy sauce (or fish sauce)
2 Tbsp sugar
2 cups water
Preparation for fish sauce
1. Cut krachai into small pieces. Pour water in a pot, bring to boil on medium heat, add cut krachai, and boil about 10 minutes or until krachai soft. Spoon only krachai out off boiled water, and put fish balls instead.
2. Well pound boiled krachai in a mortar, add red curry paste, and pound to a fine paste. Then drain water from tuna cans and pound tuna with curry paste until well blend.
3. Put paste into a pot, add coconut milk (about 1/2 cup each time), stir regularly to prevent sticking at a bottom. After adding all coconut milk, season with thin soy sauce (or fish sauce) and sugar, bring to boil, and remove from heat.
Preparation for Rice Noodle Nests
1. Pour 4 cups water in a pot, bing to boil on high heat, add thin rice noodles, and stir thoroughly. Boil about 5 minutes or according to the instructions on package until soft. Pour out hot water and rinse in cold water.
2. Grap a handful of cooked noodles, roll the noodles around your index finger, and place it on a plate. This will become a noodle nest.
Preparation for side ingredients
1. Pour 3 cups water in a pot, add eggs, bring to boil on high heat, and additional boil about 10 minutes or until cooked. Remove the eggs from shells and cut in halves or slice into 1/4 " thick. For long green beans, wash and cut into pieces about 1/2" lengths.
2. For pickled mustard, rinse, and slice into small pieces. Pour 3 cup water in a pot, bing to boil on high heat, then add pickled mustard, and let it boil about 10 minutes. Drain, rinse in cold water, squeeze water out, and place them on a plate. (Add about 1 Tbsp white vinegar and mix thoroughly for sourness.)
Arrange rice noodle nests and all side ingredients such as halved boiled egg, sliced long green beans, and sliced pickled mustard on a serving plate. Serve hot with fish sauce.