Stir-fried Prawn and Heart of Palm
Quick and easy stir-fried recipe called "Kung Phat Yod Mapraw"
Last Modified On: Wednesday, 14/December/2011 17:00:13pm
Back to Stir-Fried Dishes
200 g. prawns
400 g. (1 can) heart of palm
3 cloves garlic
3 fresh chillies
2 tsp thin soy sauce (or fish sauce)
1 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup sweet basil leaves
1. Clean prawns, peel shell, and devein. Peel garlic, remove chillie stems, wash garlic, chillies, and sweet basil, then pat dry. Coarsely pound garlic and chillies, and pick only sweet basil leaves from stems.
2. Pour 3 cups water in a wok, bring to boil on hegh heat, add heart of palm, let it boil for 5 minutes, drain and rinse in cold water. Then, cut into 1" lenght.
3. Heat oil in a wok on medium heat. When oil is hot, add pounded garlic and chillies, fry until fragrant, add prawns. Sirt-fry until the prawns are getting cook, add sliced heart of palm, and season with oyster sauce, thin soy sauce (or fish sauce), and sugar.
4. Stir until all ingredients mix thoroughly and the prawns are cooked, add sweet basil leaves, stir quickly to heat sweet basil so they retain their colour, then remove from heat.
5. Place the spicy stir-fried prawn and heart of palm on a plate, and serve immediately.