How to make Thai pork ball as an appetizer or put in noodle
Last Modified On: Thursday, 24/November/2011 19:58:52pm
Back to Appetizers
500 g. ground pork
1 ½ tsp salt
½ Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp vegetable oil
2 Tbsp corn flour
1 ½ baking powder
1 tsp ground pepper
½ cup cold water
1. Put ground pork in a food processor, blend until the pork is getting sticky, add cold water in it and continue to blend until sticky.
2. Add all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir well.
3. Pour the mixing ingredients into the food processor little by little, blend until all ingredients mix well.
4. Put the pork mixture in a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and marinate in a freezer for 30 minutes.
5. After marinated time, smash and knead the pork mixture until it becomes firmer and more sticky.
6. Heat water in a large pot. When the water is getting hot (not boiling), make a pork ball according to the "How to make a pork" ball and put it in the hot water.
7. Wait until the pork balls are floating, spoon them in an ice bowl.
8. When it’s done, wash pork balls with warm water and drain.
9. Now, Thai style pork balls are ready for serving as appetizer or put them in a noodle such as Small Rice Noodle with Pork Balls.
How to make a pork ball
1. Hold pork mixture in one hand and squeeze the mixture until a ball is come up.
2. When you get a desired size, use a spoon in the other hand to cut it and put the ball in hot water.
Tip: This recipe can substitute ground pork for ground chicken or beef.