Roasted Duck Red Curry
Another version of roasted duck in curry called "Kheng Phet Ped Yang"
Last Modified On: Wednesday, 14/December/2011 16:16:27pm
Back to Curries and Soups
1/2 roasted duck
1 can coconut milk
1/2 cup pineapple tidbits size
2 Tbsp red curry paste
1 1/2 Tbsp thin soy sauce (or fish sauce)
1 Tbsp sugar
5 kaffir lime leaves
6 cherry tomatoes
1. Debone roasted duck and cut into 1" strips. Wash kaffir lime leaves and cherry tomatoes, pat dry, then tear kaffir lime leave in half, remove central stem, and cut cherry tomatoes in halves.
2. Pour about 1/2 cup coconut cream (top portion of a can) in a pot, bring to boil on medium heat, then add red curry paste. Stir until thoroughly mixed and let it boil until some oil appear on surface, stir constantly.
3. When coconut cream has an oily sheen, add roasted duck, stir well. Meanwhile, add coconut milk about 2 Tbsp each time (add about 3 times) and stir regularly.
4. Add tidbits pineapple and cut tomatoes, stir thoroughly and add the remaining coconut milk. Season with thin soy sauce (or fish sauce) and sugar, bring to boil, add kaffir lime leaves, stir well, and remove from heat.
5. Spoon the curry in a bowl and serve immediately.