Thai Yellow Curry Chicken
Yummy and easy yellow curry chicken called "Kaeng Ka Ri Kai" in Thai
Last Modified On: Wednesday, 21/December/2011 10:40:00am
Back to Curries and Soups
5 chicken thighs
1 can coconut milk
2 Tbsp yellow curry paste
¼ head onion
2 ½ Tbsp thin soy sauce (or fish sauce)
2 Tbsp sugar
1 cup water
1. Peel potato skin, wash dirt, pat dry, then cut into dices.
2. Peel onion, wash, pat dry, then coarsely slice into pieces.
3. Pour about 1 cup coconut cream (top portion of a can) in a pot, bring to boil on medium heat, then add yellow curry paste, stir until thoroughly mixed.
4. Let it boil until some oil appears on surface, stir constantly, then add cleaned chicken thighs.
5. Cook both side until they are well done, add the rest of coconut milk, and stir well.
6. Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer for 15 minutes, then add cut potato and sliced onion.
7. Add water, stir well, then season with thin soy sauce (or fish sauce) and sugar.
8. Stir thoroughly, taste as you like, simmer for 15-20 minutes until the potato and chicken thighs are tendered, then remove from heat.
9. Spoon the curry in a bowl and serve immediately.