Fried Prawn Cake
Easy and yummy fried prawn cake recipe called “Thod Man Kung” in Thai
Last Modified On: Friday, 25/November/2011 05:38:56am
Back to Deep Fried Dishes
400 g. prawns
100 g. ground pork
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground pepper
2 tsp sugar
3/4 cup soft finished flakes of bread crumbs
1 cup vegetable oil for frying
1. Clean prawns, peel shell, and devein. Put into food processor and blend with ground pork.
2. Put the mixture in a large mixing bowl and then season with salt, ground pepper, and sugar.
3. Mix all ingredients with hand and knead until sticky.
4. Pour soft finished flakes of bread crumbs all over a plate. Spoon prawn mixture about 3 Tbsp, shape into small round piece about 3" in diameter, and cover with bread crumbs.
5. Heat oil in a wok on medium heat. When oil is hot, fry each piece of prawn mixture until golden brown, then remove from oil, and drain on paper towel.
6. Put the fried prawn cakes on a plate and serve with thinly sliced tomatoes and plum sauce.